Saturday, September 16, 2017

Have you ever just wanted to be alone?

I will admit. I'm enjoying having my nights and my weekends to spend with my family. I love not having to work until 11pm and then have to get right back up at 6am just to get to work by 9am. I do enjoy being able to cook home cooked meals and watch TV shows with my husband and movies with my kids. I love bedtime stories and being able to do my own laundry and all of those things.

But can a mom just have a few moments alone?

And I don't mean in my house. I mean somewhere else. Outside--anywhere. I feel like my entire body is inside of a box and I just want to get out!

Where would I go I wonder? I mean of course my first thought is, I want a massage!!! A nice, comforting massage always makes me feel better. My last massage (well that was in May sadly) was a Thai massage--my first and it will definitely not be my last! I discovered I had muscles in places I thought were bones! It was a thrilling experience for sure. But as tight as funds are, probably not a good idea.

I don't really go to the movies alone. I can't even remember the last movie I saw...Doctor Strange maybe? Plus it too is an expense I can't really afford.

I do live near D.C. now so going to a museum seems like a great option--there's quite a few of them to choose from! But the mom in me of course says, that's not fair; you said you were going to take your kids to the museum! I wish the mom in me would shut up.

There's no real "beaches" and it's not beach weather but there's quite a bit of water to hang out near--Old Towne Alexandria has a wonderful waterside area with shops and an old torpedo factory with an art gallery inside (or should I say many art galleries!). I enjoyed that with my family but maybe it's worth a trip alone...?

My best friend Jay says my alone therapy is walking through stores aimlessly and just looking at stuff. I don't really buy anything--but I just look. I never actually realized that was something I did but I do seem to remember the times I have done this, I've felt a lot better. Michael's is one of my favorite places to do this because usually after I leave there, I feel very creative--I go home and someone's room gets a do-over!

But of course, my absolute favorite alone time event is couponing! I love going into a store and with my list and my phone and my binder and save, save, save! I love going at 6am and singing the crappy store music that's playing over the speakers and marking things off my list. It is my true happy place.

Tonight I'm going to do something I've never done before--I'm going to see a show--ALONE. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment