Saturday, October 25, 2014

Changes

Change…

It's a word I've run from for so long.

I mean I enjoy change. I enjoy a change of clothes. I enjoy new shoes. I enjoy meeting new friends.

What I don't enjoy is the loss of love, friendship, and life.

You're thinking…well who the hell does??
For some reason, as I get older, it's harder to adjust to the changes that I've had to deal with. The loss of love, friendship, and life.

This is me trying to deal with all those things. On paper.

I thought of this today:

As I revolve around myself
I see someone I don't know
I hug her, hold her, tell her hello
She looks at me strange
Tilts her head and says,
I've been here the whole time

It's me I'm seeing. I'm seeing a whole other side of me. Someone I don't recognize.

It's very frightening.

I mean, I look in the mirror and I see this woman. She looks a lot like me. She wears my glasses, she  has my dolphin necklace on. She wears my wedding ring.

She looks like a very nice person.

And I want to get to know her.


That's what this is all about. Getting to know me again. Becoming the person that my own personal universe is shifting to envelop.

A good friend of mine has told me numerous times, change is good. Embrace change. Usually I tell him to shut the F up. But maybe, just maybe I'll give it a shot.


1 comment: